During the training course, we will discuss the admission of a complex-care patient - a person who requires specific care and attention in the hygienists office. Diseases, which considerably influence changes in the oral cavity will be looked upon. Demanding patients will be focused on and discussed in great detail: elderly, pregnant, suffering from mental or infectious illness, chronically ill and cancer patients.
- Prophylaxis of a pregnant woman- gingivitis gravidarum (gum inflammation during pregnancy), prophylaxis procedures safely performed among pregnant women, sitting position for a woman in advanced pregnancy, influence of a diet on proper child development.
- Patients during or after radiotherapy or chemotherapy- oral mucositis, xerostomia, products for home prophylaxis that can improve the quality of life.
- Prophylaxis for patients suffering from infectious diseases- the most common infectious threats during work in a dental office, characteristic of infectious diseases (HSV, HIV, viral hepatitis, TBC, flu, Staphylococcus), methods of preventing an infection, hygienic and surgical washing of hands, usage of personal protection products.
- Older patients- changes occurring in the oral cavity during the aging process, characteristic of an elderly patient, facing manual obstacles, conversation with an older patient, teaching dental hygiene and accessories which can support hygiene at home, hygiene of mobile prosthetic fillings.
- Prophylaxis of a patient suffering from diabetes, changes in the oral cavity connected with the disease.
- How to take care of dental hygiene of a chronically ill patient.
- Teaching hygiene to people with a motor disability.
Why is it necessary?
At no other training will you find such an extensive discussion on the topic of a ,,Complex-care patient”. Requiring more attention and additional knowledge of dental hygiene accessories. Patient with whom we must face sickness and disability.
You will find out about oral cavity changes among older people and about the problems they face during home hygiene. How to improve patient’s quality of life during chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
You will learn how to safely attend a patient in advanced pregnancy and protect yourself against infections during work.
You will get over the fear of admitting sick and chronically ill patients.
You will get to know the methods supporting the treatment of periodontium and gum inflammation taking place during the course of a general illness.
Trainer: Certified hygienist Natalia Szeląg
Date: November 5, 2018 10:00AM-5:00PM
Standard Price: 500 zł
Price up to October: 400 zł
Implant training of Polish Academy for Dental Prophylaxis
During this unique training you will learn a modern approach to an issue that is becoming more pressing. A comprehensive look at the prophylaxis of an implant patient, which is crucial for dental hygienists. As a trainee you will improve your knowledge of modern implants, get to know how to provide a prosthetic implant patient with state of the art post treatment care. Furthermore, you will revise knowledge of surgery and learn the requirements for non medical staff during the full treatment process. Dental hygienist works with an implantologist as a team. His or her task is to help the doctor in creating the proper health promoting habits. Long term care of implant patients becomes very difficult without the help of a hygienist. A properly trained hygienist will turn out to be very helpful in a dental team.
- History of dental implantology.
- Modern dental implantology-an overview of systems, types of work, ways of mounting the fillings.
- The role of a dental hygienist in the process of planning, long-term support of an implant patient.
- Overview of an implant patient’s hygienization visit - examination, things to look out for, what is outside of the norm, indicators, colouring the biofilm.
- Sandblasting above and under the gums as a part of the GBT process.
- Tools of an implant hygienist - types of tips, manual tools, periodontometers.
- Periimplantitis and perimucositis as a challenge for a hygienist.
- Records of a procedure- diagrams, photos and description of a visit in the patient’s card.
- Motivation and teaching of home hygiene.
- Mistakes in hygienist’s work.
- Rules of work with periodontometer in the implant’s vicinity.
- Usage and rules of work with ultrasound tips.
- Rules of work with manual tools- an overview of instruments.
- Professional irrigation of pockets- with what and how?
- Aseptics and antiseptics in a hygienist’s daily work.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Most common mistakes in teaching oral hygiene.
certified hygienist Michał Kluczkowski
A graduate of Gdańsk Medical University. Always smiling. Has been working together with Impladent MDC Clinic since 2008, which is led by Adam and Magdalena Ziemlewscy and located in Gdańsk. Professional hygienization of an implant patient is at the center of his interests. Modern prophylaxis, surgery and periodontics are his passion. He is on a never ending journey towards knowledge. Not straying from his path, he assisted in implant procedures and attained experience and knowledge while working in his profession. He is a participant and lecturer of many training courses, congresses, and courses on prophylaxis, implantology, periodontics and surgery both abroad and in Poland. Editor-in-chief of Asysta Dentystyczna (Dental Assistance) magazine. He cooperates with the publisher Elamed. He’s the co-author of Vademacum Asysty Dentystycznej (Handbook of Dental Assistance). He’s not afraid of new challenges. He’s full of empathy, willing to listen.
He’s a participant of an international Europerio 2015 congress in London. He’s a participant of an SDA training course in Switzerland. Received a Masterclass of Prophylaxis diploma. He’s an open person who values professionalism, proponent of the rule ,,one who does not improve regresses”
Orthodontic training course of Polish Academy for Dental Prophylaxis for dental hygienists.
At this training you will learn about orthodontics, periodontics and interconnectedness of those fields.
We will discuss the preliminary stage of orthodontic treatment and conducting it in the active and passive stage. An important element of this course will be patients with periodontal problems during orthodontic treatment.
Training will be about:
- How to assist during orthodontic procedures.
- How to prepare the patient for orthodontic treatment.
- How to classify malocclusion.
- Which patients should be forwarded to an orthodontic consultation.
- How should a professional hygienisation of a patient look like.
- How should home prophylaxis of an orthodontic patient look like.
- How to take care of orthodontic patients with periodontal problems.
- How to prepare a periodontal patient for orthodontic treatment.
- How and when to perform an orthodontic patient’s photographic documentation.
- How to deal with emergencies in orthodontics.
- How to perform an x-ray of teeth and make an impression.
Training course takes place with a small group and connects theory with practice. It guarantees growth of competence and is the next step in career development.
1. An overview of the history of orthodontics in Poland and all over the world.
2. Challenges of modern orthodontics
3. Occlusal norms during different stages of human development.
4. Malocclusion and its identification (non-surgical and surgical)
5. Rules of orthodontic diagnostics.
6. Breakdown of braces and how they work
7. How to prepare the patient for orthodontic treatment.
8. Malocclusion prophylaxis among children
9. Period of passive treatment- retention
10.Role of orthodontics in interdisciplinary treatment of a patient
11.Complications of orthodontic treatment
12.Hygienists role in the preparation and treatment of orthodontic patients
13.Tools of an orthodontic office
14. Rules of ,,4-hand” assistance with detailed discussion of different procedures
15. Photographic documentation
16. Emergency visits
17. Making an alginate and silicone impressions
18. Casting of models
19. Scanning teeth- an alternative to traditional impressions (3d models)
20. Taking care of a patient during a retention period
21. Rules of home prophylaxis
22. Rules of dental office prophylaxis
dr Jolanta Sajkowska, dypl. hig. Anna Drobkiewicz, dypl. hig. Anita Walczak
Date: 1-2 September 2018
Price up to 10 August: 999 zł
Standard Price: 1200 zł